We asked you what you think of your return to work. Here is what you had to say.

We know it and you know it too: the pandemic has ruined a LOT of jobs.

Some workers lost their jobs, some found new jobs, some started working from home (and some never stopped), some did a little remote work and office projects – you name a scenario of work, and that was probably someone’s reality for the past year or so.

And now, more and more, we hear that people have to come home, or for many, the work environment is changing again. Maybe you came back months ago, or maybe the in-person plans are on hold due to the variants we are now seeing of COVID-19.

(By the way, if you still want to take our survey, you can find it here. We would love to hear from you).

In the meantime, we’ll start compiling the results as shown below, and we’ll update these numbers and answers as they grow.

A d

Here’s a look at some of the data and your lyrics, so far.

First question: “Has your workplace changed due to the pandemic?” “

The survey said:

About 71% of you said yes, you started working from home once COVID-19 started to spread in the United States. no one else.

Only 9% of you said you had to physically show up for work throughout the pandemic. And several of you have mentioned that you lost your jobs entirely because of the COVID situation.

Next Step: “Now that vaccines are readily available, are you being asked to return to a work environment in person? “

* (We first published this survey in July, so before we knew there would be a vaccine requirement).

The survey said:

About 40% of you said the work will remain hybrid, which means a combination of in-person and remote work.

Almost 31% of you said you should go back.

In the smaller percentages, just 7% said you’ve been back for some time now, and an even smaller group said they are working from home regardless of the pandemic.

A d

We asked, “If you have to go back, what do you think, on a scale of 1 to 10?”

The survey said:

Most of you – 47 of you – said you would rank your feelings as 1 (the lowest possible score). On the opposite end of the spectrum, 15 of you ranked 10.

The rest of the answers were everywhere. So far, we have 145 people who have responded to the survey.

And then: “If you’re happy to go back, why?

The survey said:

Over 52% of you said you enjoyed the separation of home and work.

About 27% of respondents said you miss your colleagues and the office environment.

On the other hand, “If you’re sad to have to go home, why? “

The survey said:

Almost 51% of you said they like to avoid traveling and having to put on real work clothes.

Over 29% said they felt more productive at home.

And finally, “When you think of the concerns over the idea of ​​working in person, are you concerned about COVID-19 or the other factors?” (Childcare, lifestyle changes, etc.) ‘

The survey said:

Over 50% responded that they were concerned about COVID.

Over 31% said they are not worried.

Open comments

It was a place where we asked to hear from you, in your own words. Some of them have been edited for clarity, brevity and / or grammar. Here’s how you sounded, regarding everything that works and the pandemic:

A d

• “In my old job, before COVID (or as the pandemic was just beginning), a colleague was upset about the country’s shutdown. She said COVID was the flu, and coughed on me, then rubbed her hands on my keyboard. She had no consideration for those around her immediately, resulting in a dangerous work environment. I fear these kinds of people more than COVID. “

• “Working from home is best, and businesses need to change. It’s late.

• “In the end, I ended up quitting my job. I wasn’t looking forward to returning to the office full time, and my company kept pushing for it. They weren’t even willing to continue our hybrid model, which we’ve all proven as employees to be effective. I was able to find a job from home, which allowed me a lot more flexibility, time with my children and no commuting. These are all huge factors for a working mom. I would like more companies to realize this.

• “Even though we’re back in the office two days a week, people are still on Teams calls or Zoom calls all the time. So I ask myself: what is it for?

• “Executives need to realize that people love to work from home – and we’ve proven that it is possible. Companies that embrace this fact and offer remote working will have the upper hand in the future. “

• “I’ve dealt with more quits over the past two months now that we’ve been trying to get people into the office. Senior management wants bodies in the office despite good performance from a distance. People choose to quit and find remote work. “

• “Everyone in my office wants to continue working from home, so now we’re forced to live in an environment where no one wants to be. It doesn’t seem to be good for anyone’s mental health. We are already experiencing a burnout. Businesses just don’t seem to care.

• “I feel like my whole family has benefited from working from home. My child didn’t need to go to an after-school program and we had more time to spend together after we all left work or school. The lack of a shuttle gave us more time to focus on each other and enjoy being together. I will miss this more than anything, and it’s sad that we don’t encourage a better work-life / family life balance, because I imagine happy, mentally healthy workers would work better.

• “I am pro-hybrid. If a person is not feeling well, stay home. If the weather causes a dangerous journey, stay home. If a person has the means and the means to work from home, stay home.

• “I still don’t feel 100% comfortable with a child at home who is not old enough to be vaccinated. Plus, now I know my work can be done from home, so it doesn’t seem to make sense. Why should we come in?

• “Preparation and driving takes me almost two hours of my day. It’s wasted time. I was able to take care of myself and my family while working from home. Now I am feeling stress and strain on my overall mental health trying to figure out how to make it all happen. There is no point in going to an office and working in an office just because we are renting space.

Data is based on 145 completed surveys and was last reviewed on September 15. All responses are anonymous. We’ll update this report as we see more responses. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Source link

About admin

Check Also

COVID-19 is forcing video game companies to rethink remote working

Jordan Lemos, video game writer, has lived in three different cities for the past five …