Hyderabad: The Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) will hold the Group I Preliminary Examination on October 16, 2022. The examination will be conducted to fill 503 Group I positions.
For the recruitment of group I, the commission had received 3,80,202 applications.
While the preliminaries will be held in October, the main TSPSC Group I exams will likely be held in January or February 2023.
TSPSC Group I Positions
In accordance with the notification issued by the commission, here is the list of positions:
- Assistant receiver [ Civil Services, (Executive Branch)]
- Deputy Superintendent of Police Category – II (Police Department)
- Commercial Tax Officer (Commercial Tax Services)
- Regional Transportation Officer (Transportation Department)
- District Panchayat Officer (Panchayat Services)
- District Registrar (Registration Services)
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons (Male) (Prison Service)
- Deputy Commissioner of Labor (Labour Service)
- Deputy Superintendent of Excise (Excise Department)
- Municipal Commissioner – Grade II (Municipal Administrative Service)
- Assistant Director (Social Work) including District Social Worker (Social Work Service)
- District Backward Classes Welfare Officer including Deputy Warden (District Backward Classes Development Officer) (Backward Classes Welfare Service)
- District Tribal Welfare Service Officer.
- District Employment Officer (Employment Service)
- Administrative Officer including Lay Secretary and Treasurer Grade II (Medical and Health Services)
- Assistant to the Treasurer / Assistant to the Accountant / Assistant Lecturer at the School and Training School (Treasury and Accounting Department)
- Assistant Auditor (State Audit Service)
- Mandal Parishad Development Officer (Panchayat Raj & Rural Development Service).
This is the first recruitment of TSPSC I Group in Telangana State. The latest Group I notification was issued in former Andhra Pradesh.
No interview for TSPSC Group I positions
Recently, the Telangana government had abolished the interview system for the recruitment of Group I posts from the TSPSC.
Previously, the commission used to conduct interviews with students who passed the written exams. The marks obtained by the candidates in the examination and the interview were taken into account to prepare the merit list.
However, after the decision of the government to cancel the interview, the marks obtained in writing will only be taken into consideration for the establishment of the merit list.