This story is limited to Techwire Insider members.
This story is limited to Techwire Insider members. Log in below to read this story or learn more about membership.
Three state departments are recruiting technology specialists.
The California Department of Conservation (DOC), which oversees land conservation operations, mining, earthquakes, and oil and gas regulation for the state, is looking for a business analyst (computer specialist I). The incumbent will serve as the Senior Business Analyst for all IT projects and operational activities of the Enterprise Technology Services Division within DOC.
According to the job posting and the job description, the duties of the role break down as follows:
- Business Analysis (50%), with responsibility for documentation and analysis of DOC programs, business processes, workflows and systems.
- Business process re-engineering and analysis (20%), including providing technical support to staff and project team. The analyst is “expected to provide critical analysis and recommendations for improvement by documenting existing internal business processes, analyzing end-to-end processes, identifying specific issues, defining business objectives, analyzing opportunities for improvement, documenting revised business processes and presenting recommendations for process improvements.
- Change management support (15%), including working with the configuration manager “to monitor and triage change requests” related to IT portfolio projects.
- Project management (10%).
- Administrative tasks (5%).
The position has a monthly salary range of $5,815 to $9,408 and the application deadline is March 30.
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) is looking for a Senior DEVELOPER (IT Specialist I) to provide technical leadership to project team members and technical staff and expertise in advanced business analysis and project management. The incumbent also investigates complex technical issues and develops plans to resolve them from a business perspective.
The essential functions of the role, according to the job posting and the job description, include:
- Design, code, unit and system test and implement complex application changes using Microsoft Software Development Environment tools such as .NET Framework (Visual Basic .Net, C#), Windows Communication Foundation, Representational State Transfer (RESTful) Web Services, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Internet Information Server, HTML5, off-the-shelf commercial software and off-the-shelf modified software.
- Design and implement technical solutions to support business functions using business requirements, system requirements and system specifications.
- Maintain and/or modify complex programs to meet current and/or changing business needs.
- Troubleshoot new and existing complex computer systems and applications to correct and eliminate existing and potential system failures, outages and downtime.
This position has a monthly salary range of $5,815 and $9,408, and recruitment will continue until the position is filled, with regular reviews of applications twice a month.
The California Department of Community Services and Development (CSD) is seeking a information security manager (IT Supervisor II) to investigate, resolve and report through appropriate channels all information security incidents; monitor vulnerabilities, threats and incidents; perform risk assessments; and organize and document information security awareness training for all employees on an annual basis.
CSD’s mission is to reduce poverty in California by “leading the development and coordination of effective and innovative programs for low-income individuals, families, and their communities.”
According to the job posting and statement of duties, the Information Security Officer (ISO) reports to the Chief Information Officer and plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the activities of junior staff. Additional tasks include:
- Provide feedback and participate in the planning, development and effort management of Information Security Incident responsibilities.
- Develop and implement policies and operational standards dealing with information security breaches, and provide advice and technical assistance to management on information security related matters.
- Co-lead projects to determine the potential risk of exposure of all information assets; serve as a consultant on the implementation of current information security laws, policies and standards; liaise with all oversight agencies in communicating CSD’s security policies, incident responses and action plans; and ensure that all government code and state administrative manual requirements are met.
The position has a monthly salary range of $7,593 to $10,174 and the application deadline is March 27.