Reporting to the Regional Director, working closely with NRT’s main accounting / finance team, in order to streamline and strengthen financial accountability and best management practices. The person in charge of finance / administration is the main point of contact when it comes to providing technical support in financial and administrative matters and ensuring all legal compliance with financial / administrative regulations and relevant policies. This person will provide support to various conservatories, including budgeting, reporting and risk management, ensuring that the terms and conditions of the grants are met, as well as the statutory compliance of the Conservancy.
Qualifications: Education / Knowledge / Technical skills and experience
▪ Required level of education Bachelor’s degree in finance / accounting or related field
▪ The holder must be CPA part 11 or equivalent,
▪ Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience preferably in an NGO. Experience should include proposal budgeting, reporting and post-award management
▪ Experience in the management of sub-recipients and capacity building.
▪ A good understanding of the full cycle of a grant.
▪ Understanding of US GAAP.
▪ Advanced Excel and analytical skills (Dashboard report, Power BI)
▪ Computer software skills such as solar systems are highly preferred
▪ Knowledge of USAID regulations will be a plus
If your profile matches the job specifications above, please send your application with a
CV highlighting relevant experience, daytime telephone contact, email address and the names of three professional references to reach us before the close of business on Wednesday August 10, 2021 at: [email protected] aaddressed to: Director of Operations, Northern Rangelands Trust, Private Bag, Isiolo60300
Responsibility of the administrator:
▪ Coordination of the daily activities of the financial administrative service,
▪ Lead and guide conservatoires on the reporting process
▪ Ensure compliance with the financial / administrative custody policy as well as legal requirements
▪ Ensure prudent management of donor funds.
▪ Ensure the smooth running and efficiency of conservation operations
▪ Responsibility / timely and efficient returns
▪ Provide advice to the regional team on grant utilization rates through routine updates / checks
▪ Support the regional office by ensuring that monthly staff meetings are held.
▪ Advise regional offices on best practices and financial policies.
Financial reporting and accountability:
▪ Prepare timely and accurate donor financial reports in accordance with donor requirements
▪ Provide timely response and comments on grant financial issues
▪ Ensure a leading role by ensuring that timesheets are prepared each month by the staff concerned
▪ Discuss grant reports with regional directors and resolve outstanding issues in a timely manner
▪ Prepare monthly reports to the grants and finance office
Budget management and control
▪ Ensure spending is within budget to control overspending within projects
▪ Regularly review financial documents in the field to ensure they are adequately supported.
▪ Continuously monitor budget commitments for projects and advise the Regional Director and CEO of any significant event.
Policy management and internal control
▪ Monitor subsidy periods and ensure that financial requirements for phase-out subsidies are properly met and subsidies are phased out smoothly
▪ Review all grant-related payments to ensure they comply with policy, adhere to internal control standards and donor requirements
Risk management and internal control
▪ Ensure that the audit process runs smoothly by providing accurate information in a timely manner and that there are no questioned costs / qualified reports
▪ Ensure that the grant funding issues selected during the audit and recommendations thereof are implemented in a timely manner and provide the line manager with a quarterly status report.
▪ Contribute to the effort to sensitize staff / implementing partners on the regulation of grants through training, meetings and follow-up
▪ Ensure that grant accounting records are complete and correctly filed
▪ Maintain correspondence with relevant stakeholders
How to register
Apply for [email protected]
Other jobs in accounting, management and business administration that may interest you