Purpose of the position
- The Area Administrative Manager will support the management of all operations (facilities, asset and fleet management, travel and safety and security) in the Malaria Consortium state offices, and provide operational, asset management support and safety and security at state offices.
- The Area Administrative Manager will support the management of operations in Malaria Consortium state offices.
- He/she will be responsible for the timely and best value delivery of support services for projects and will ensure that all operational documents and reports are completed in a timely manner and shared and filed to enable decision-making. effective decision.
Key Working Relationships:
- The Area Administrative Manager will be a member of the operations team, providing administrative support to the implementation of the MC program while working with other project staff in delivering the program work plan. The Area Administrative Manager will also work with members of the Country and State Administration team to ensure effective and efficient service delivery. The Area Administrative Manager reports to the Country Operations Manager (COM) based in Abuja.
- The Area Administrative Manager will provide line management to the Area Logistics Officer and day-to-day supervision, including training as required. The Zone Admin Manager will provide technical line management to admin officers ranked within the hub.
- The Area Administrative Officer also works closely with State Administrative Officers, Program Team Leaders, Procurement Officer, Logistics Officers and MC’s Supply Chain team to ensure timely delivery of required goods or services.
Management of operations and purchases (45%):
- Collaborate with the Country Operations Manager to ensure effective and efficient workflow of administrative processes in the country
- Manage assigned staff and provide supervision, capacity building and management support while ensuring that staff objectives are set and monitored in accordance with HR guidelines
- Conduct annual demand planning and market assessment exercises to generate country operations strategy with COM support
- With management and project managers, assist in the transition between structures and operational strategies (i.e. opening, expanding, downsizing and closing of office and projects)
- Work with HQ, Country Office and Project Managers to resolve relevant outstanding audit findings and support offices to improve overall compliance with organizational policies
- Maintain regular contact with field offices to ensure that issues and concerns are identified and resolved in a pre-emptive manner, making regular field visits to support this
- Ensure that the Malaria Consortium procurement policy is followed for all purchases related to assigned administrative tasks
- Provide contracting and engagement support for short-term staff within MC state offices
- Oversee administrative processes related to MC campaigns
- Coordinate accordingly with the security team and the supply chain management team the planning and coordination of deliveries to designated storage areas
- In line with project budgets, ensure all purchases are done strategically with cost reduction and VFM intentions.
- Conduct quarterly contract monitoring reviews for Framework Agreements (FWAs) in place in MC States to ensure timely renewals where required,
- upload consultancy engagement tracks and supporting documents to the operations intranet page and monitor compliance related to data protection policies
Office and Facility Management (40%):
- Support in the management of the MC fleet (hiring of drivers, monitoring of preventive maintenance and ad hoc repairs, fuel, insurance, incidents)
- Support the management of all Malaria Consortium Nigeria assets, ensuring that they are recorded, monitored, managed and disposed of in accordance with Malaria Consortium policies, and send monthly, quarterly and annual reports thereon to the Operations Manager country
- Coordinate the tracking, proper storage and uploading of records of all assets and supporting procurement documents on the operations intranet page and compliance tracking
- Monthly reports on all stock records for MC offices, including all collated reports received from individual offices
- Coordinate the uploading and review of all monthly administrative reports for MC state offices
- Ensure that correct and complete documentation is sent to the finance department.
- Provide accurate quantification and costs related to facilities management, office configuration and fleet management in new proposal budgets
- Establish and ensure delivery of regular purchases from all sites in Nigeria to all relevant staff on a weekly basis
- Any related operational task assigned by line manager
- Ensure that appropriate capacity is provided regularly to all administrative officers on operational structures and systems to improve service delivery for program implementation
- Be the Malaria Consortium expert on donor procurement policies and ensure implementation is in line with donor and organizational policies and practices
- Regularly organize staff capacity building forums for specific challenge areas related to procurement actions
- Ensure correct and complete documentation is submitted to Finance.
Qualifications and experience:
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated success as an area administration manager in all disciplines within a regional or national environment
- Experience in managing safety and security in various operating environments including those similar to the North Eastern part of Nigeria
- Strong knowledge of major donor policies and procedures (USAID, FCDO, BMGF, Global Fund) in procurement, grant and financial management.
Professional skills :
- Practice of contract negotiation and management
- Practical leader who is a powerful motivator
- Excellent proficiency in the use of MS Excel and data analysis
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices using advanced operational and quality tools
- Experience in designing, writing and implementing policies and procedures
- Committed to Malaria Consortium’s mission and values.
Click here to apply