The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operational arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya is implementing comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to help the Kenyan Ministry of Health control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods, and the M&E infrastructure needed to support these services. MGIC Kenya is looking for qualified individuals capable of filling the position of Human Resources and Administration Manager
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources and Administration, the Head of Human Resources and Administration is responsible for all aspects of the human resources function within the organization and performs a wide variety of tasks focused on human resource management, administrative operations and office purchasing.
1. Develop and recommend personnel policies and procedures and maintain the employee human resources policy manual in accordance with Kenya labor laws and MGIC-Kenya policies and procedures
2. Actively participate in the full recruitment cycle for all vacant positions, including developing job descriptions, posting job vacancies, screening and interviewing qualified candidates, checking references and reviewing extension of job vacancies.
3. Ensure that all new hires are appropriately onboarded and have access to MGIC-Kenya policies and procedures and support managers in orienting new hires.
4. Lead the performance management process, including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, provide training on goal setting and organize development activities.
5. Manage all employee relations matters, including conflict resolution and disciplinary matters, in accordance with local labor laws and MGIC-Kenya policies to meet the standards of an enabling work environment.
6. Prepare the monthly payroll data for the payroll change file in collaboration with the human resources and administration manager
7. Coordinate benefit administration by working closely with insurance to manage staff registrations and terminations, issuance of insurance cards, plan periodic orientation of insurance benefits for all Staff.
8. Ensure that in all HR practices, there is strict adherence to policies, labor law and donor requirements. This will include the compliance of sub-recipients.
Minimum qualifications required
Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or bachelor’s degree in social sciences or equivalent from a recognized institution
A graduate degree in human resources management or its equivalent from a recognized institution is a must for those whose bachelor’s degree is not in human resources management;
Valid membership in the Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM)
A minimum of 5 years professional experience in a similar position
3 years of experience in procurement and supply management desirable Excellent knowledge of labor laws in Kenya
A working knowledge of the human resources information system would be an added advantage
Skills and attributes:
Excellent communication and persuasion skills
Team player with strong leadership skills
Ability to work in a high pressure environment
High levels of integrity
Strong planning and organizational skills
Immediate availability will be a definite advantage
How to register:
Please send your application including a cover letter and an updated CV including the names of three professional references to MGIC_[email protected] no later than June 22, 2021.
Applicants are advised to include the title “responsible for human resources and administration” in the subject line.
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Other HR jobs that might interest you