Financial systems administration officer
Permanent full time
£ 23,696 to £ 27,878 per year
Closing date: 07/16/2021
The financial systems administrator will perform complex processing and manage simple work projects related to the performance and development of the system on financial systems.
Liaising with clients and understanding the handling of cases will be a key part of the role, ensuring that complex integrity checks and system processes are carried out to provide transparent service to our clients.
Providing expert knowledge and advice, the role requires good attention to transactions and understanding the impact of team processes on end users, making recommendations and improvements to improve service.
This position will, in accordance with current government guidelines, be home based. However, if / when government guidelines change then the role may revert to office-based, while retaining some flexible work options in accordance with Essex County Council’s Mobile Flexible Work Policy.
- Responsible for undertaking system integrity checks and complex data and processes to ensure excellent service delivery to system users.
- Create and revise relevant processes and documentation such as training materials and process mapping to enable improvement and clarity of work practices.
- Help find innovative solutions to problems that could potentially impact or disrupt the customer experience and / or the processing cycle.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of business systems and processes to ensure seamless delivery.
- Responsible for conducting tests and accepting test scripts in accordance with system changes. Make sure all scripts are dropped into the library.
- Work collaboratively within the team to manage simple project jobs, helping with resource planning and understanding system activity at specific points on a schedule.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects in financial systems to ensure a culture of acceptance of change, including the identification of efficiency gains in the processing of tasks.
- Responsible for delivering timely reports tailored to client needs, ensuring they meet individual requirements including contributing to new reporting and business intelligence.
- Individual and shared specific targets and objectives are defined annually as part of performance management.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- RQF Level 2 (GCSE) graduate in Literacy and Numeracy, or equivalent by experience.
- Knowledge of financial systems and processes and links to other related systems
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in the relevant professional field.
- Awareness of change and incident management processes.
- Experience working in a customer-oriented environment, demonstrating a passion for delivering great customer experiences.
- Excellent communication skills – able to explain and adapt communication to a wide range of audiences; able to communicate complex challenges in a clear and convincing manner.
- Experience in system testing is desirable.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefit package to all of its employees. For more information, please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/