- Application Number 2339
- Posted on 06/15/2021
- Location: Papua New Guinea
- Type: Full time
Ok Tedi Mining Limited operates the oldest world-class open pit copper, gold and silver mine in Papua New Guinea. As a 100% owned PNG company, we are focused on generating profit responsibly in order to deliver continued benefits to the people of Papua New Guinea. We recognize that our talented and motivated people are essential to safe and profitable operations and we pride ourselves on developing and providing excellent career opportunities in Papua New Guinea.
ACCOUNT AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Based in Tabubil and reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative tasks for the Logistics department. You will need to work in conjunction with the respective superintendents and supervisors within the department.
Your role will consist of:
- Administer the financial and accounting functions of logistics such as, but not limited to, financial accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, forecasting, budgeting, operational and capital cost analysis, reporting management accounting and operational decision support advice;
- Update the manager on critical operational issues on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Maintain and develop business relationships with logistics, planning and shipping, aviation, transportation, maintenance operations and contracts and procurement;
- Ensure that efficient and high-proficiency administrative systems are in place to process accounts payable, accounts receivable, accrued liabilities and capital expenditures; and
- Ensure 100% compliance with relevant accounting standards and OTML internal policy guidelines and management of alerts in the event of non-compliance.
To be considered, you must have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting from a reputable institution;
- A chartered accountant with CPA PNG;
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in the fields of financing;
- Excellent customer service, administration and office management skills; and
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and team skills.
How to register
This is a FIFO role and requires a commitment to our values of safety, environment, integrity, responsibility, teamwork, performance and sustainability.
If you are interested in this position, please visit the “Our careers” page and apply online at www.oktedi.com before Tuesday, June 29, 2021.
OTML is committed to gender diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
Next: Superintendent Power Operations – Hydro: Mining Jobs at Ok Tedi Mine